MBMA Celebrates 2022 Award Winners
Date:January 19, 2023
Contact:Tony Bouquot, General Manager
The Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA) celebrated the achievements and efforts of its member firms during an awards ceremony held at the 2022 MBMA Annual Meeting in Fort Myers, Florida.
A Remarkable Display of Industry Leadership
Thirteen companies earned the Industry Advocate Award, for extraordinary efforts that enhance MBMA initiatives.
- - Gold awards: Bay Insulation Systems, S-5! Attachment Solutions and Silvercote, LLC
- - Silver awards: ABIS, Inc., Expi-Door Systems, Inc., Konecranes, Metallic Products Corporation, Sherwin-Williams Company and Therm-All, Inc.
- - Bronze awards: AkzoNobel Coatings, Inc., Preferred Solutions, Inc., Triangle Fastener Corporation and Wurth Construction Services
Nine companies received a Volunteerism Award, for exceptional activities to advance the efforts of MBMA and the entire metal building systems industry.
- - Gold awards: Behlen Building Systems and BlueScope Buildings North America, Inc.
- - Silver awards: Nucor Building Systems, Schulte Building Systems, Inc. and Chief Buildings
- - Bronze awards: Cornerstone Building Brands, Tyler Building Systems, L.P., Sunward Steel Buildings and Vulcan Steel Structures, Inc.
Gies Receives Prestigious Innovation Award
Additionally, Mark Gies, director of project management at S-5! Attachment Solutions, was presented with the 2022 MBMA Innovation Award for his proposal to advance solar panel use through improved installation strategies.
“MBMA owes a huge thanks to all those who volunteer their time and promote the industry,” says Tony Bouquot, MBMA general manager. “It’s also a pleasure to give the 2022 Innovation Award to Mark Gies for his plan to get more solar onto the long-lasting metal roofs our members produce. Congratulations to all of our winners!”